INTEGRATED EXPERIENCE, HOLISTIC PERSPECTIVE
Over 25+ years of working in and on conflict, Koenraad
Grew from programme management to senior functional management positions and directorate level, dealing with political transitions, leading or supporting strategic analysis & planning, nurturing leadership and working through various organisational change situations.
Managed or supported different types of programmes, some new and some mature, in 20+ countries, sometimes rapidly scaling up or scaling down, deepening his experience and ability to add value
- to effective programming from analysis, over design and planning, through implementation, review, evaluation and learning
- for competencies and capacity-development at the individual, team and organisational level
- where policy and practice meet.
Consulted for a growing number of governmental, multilateral and non-governmental clients.
Integrating that rich experience, with a strong ability to 'zoom in' and 'zoom out', to learn fast and to play different roles, he can now offer
- Practical support and mature strategic advice at the operational and organisational level,
- Catalyse, facilitate or accelerate collaborative action within and between organisations, and in wider multi-stakeholder processes.
Initially trained as a social anthropologist, complemented with development studies, he continues his professional development through training and course work on substantive topics in health, peacebuilding & governance improvement, and skill development in evaluation, strategic advising, facilitation, organisational coaching and partnership brokering.
Over the years he has also produced some 75+ publications, consultancy & research reports, resources notes and one acclaimed manual for practitioners, on a variety of humanitarian, conflict & peace, governance and management related topics.